Water Treatment System Installation & Service in Frederick County, MD
Water Treatment & Filtration Services in Mount Airy & Surrounding Areas
When water comes from the ground, it collects minerals that change the acidity of the water. If the water running through your plumbing system is too acidic or hard, it can cause a number of problems. Luckily, our expert Mount Airy plumbers at Reed and Son Services offers several solutions to help treat the water your home uses so it is safe for both your pipes and family.
7 Ways To Tell if You Need Water Treatment Services
- Discoloration of your sinks, showers, and clothing - Hard water is full of chemicals like iron that can leave behind a nasty stain. While you can clean out the stains with a combination of baking soda and vinegar, the stains will reappear until you install a water softener.
- Leaks in copper piping - Hard water can take a toll on any plumbing appliance, but copper piping is especially prone to this and if you have copper pipes you should consult our experts in Mount Airy water treatment services.
- Interference with the cleaning power of soaps and detergents - If you're noticing that your washing machine or dishwasher just aren't getting the job done, then it's possible your hard water isn't combining with soap well. Look out for spots or streaks on your dishes or clothing. You may need to install a water softener.
- Scale buildup in hot water pipes, hot water heaters, and other fixtures - The high levels of calcium or magnesium can build up in your water heater for example and make snapping or popping sounds. While you'll need to clean out your water heater, this problem will persist until your consult our Frederick County water treatment experts.
- Low water pressure - One thing about hard water is that it's heavier than normal water as it has an increased amount of minerals. Since it's heavier, it might move a lot more slowly out of your sink faucet or showerhead.
- Your water tastes off - We all know what purified clean water tastes like, trust your instincts on this one. If something tastes a little bit off it can't hurt to have our experts in water filter installation in for an opinion.
- Your skin is irritated by your water - Another place to look out for the impact of hard water is on your skin. If you're noticing any rashes or leftover residue on your skin after washing your hands then give our water treatment specialists a call.
Water Filtration Options
When it comes to filtering your water, there are two options as to when and where that filtration takes place. Which option you choose is up to you, but it depends on your area's water and how clean you need your cleaning water to be.
Point of Entry Water Filters:
These water treatment systems are also called whole-house water filters and will evaluate and clean your water as soon as it enters your plumbing system. This means that all of your water from your drinking water to your cleaning water will be filtered to remove a broad range of minerals.
- Filtration: These systems use mechanical filters, activated carbon filters, oxidizing filters, and neutralizing filters that trap minerals and other particles that make water acidic or absorb the particles and break them down as they pass through the filter.
- Reverse osmosis: This system pressurizes hard water through a membrane and removes around 90% of the impurities using pre and post-filter membrane systems.
- Ion exchange: When water is hard, meaning it has too much calcium and magnesium, we can use ion exchange water softening systems to rid the water of those minerals and replace them with sodium or potassium ions.
Point of Use Water Filters:
These water filters are referred to as "point-of-use systems" because they clean your water right where you're about to use it. These systems are more for areas that have water that's clean enough to clean with, but not to drink. If you ever have any doubts as to the cleanliness of you area's water, our experts in Mount Airy water treatment services will always be happy to test your water and give you a reliable assessment you can count on. These systems consist of the following.
- The water filter you would see mounted on faucets and counter-tops
- The plumbed-in filters underneath your sink
- Your refrigerator's water filter
How To Disinfect Water
Our Mount Airy plumbers use chlorination, ultraviolet lights, pasteurization, and boiling to rid water of harmful minerals. To rid the water of the bacteria that usually live in older wells, we usually use chlorination and ultraviolet methods.
When it comes to the safety and condition of your home’s water, trust Reed and Son Services. If you’re in need of Mount Airy water treatment services, call Reed and Son Services at 240-442-1408.